We get it, you have had a long and arduous day, and the last thing you want to do before getting cosy in bed is spend an hour on your nighttime skincare routine. But when done the right way, your night skincare routine can be a quick and effective way to treat your skin to some extra TLC. You already know that you should not go to bed with your makeup on, but do you know how and why your night skincare routine steps affects your skin? Whether you are going for a anti-ageing skincare, or want something more catered towards getting a bright and radiant complexion, read on to know how important a night skincare routine is!
How and why your skin night routine steps affects your skin?
When your pores are clogged, your skin does not get chance to breathe and carry out its overnight repair process. By adopting a night face routine, you are assisting your skin in its restoration process. Your nighttime skincare routine should focus on cleansing and hydrating your skin, getting rid of all impurities, and creating a fresh canvas for your skin cells to work on.
#The night skincare routine steps you should follow
Whether your skin is oily, dry, or sensitive, here is an easy step-by-step night skincare routine that you can start using right away –
- Cleanse – Removing your makeup (if you are wearing any) and thoroughly cleansing your face with a gentle yet effective cleanser should be the first night skin care routine step. Use mild textures like creams or foams or micellar water if you have sensitive skin. If you use waterproof makeup, use an oil-based cleanser first to remove all traces of makeup and then follow with a facewash. It is very important to have your skin clean as a part of your night skincare, so that your skin can breathe!
- Tone – Toners help balance the pH levels of your skin and also reduce the appearance of large open pores, is also an essential people do tend to miss in their anti aging night routine. If you have extremely oily skin, this is an especially useful step. For all our readers with dry skin, look for moisturizing and hydrating toners that will not dry out your skin.
- Eye cream – Another step most of us tend to skip in our anti aging night routine – applying an eye-cream! We assume that a face cream is enough for the eye area as well. The skin around your eye contours is extremely thin and fragile and is often the first to show signs of ageing. So use a targeted eye cream to not only reduce wrinkles and puffiness but also refresh and brighten the under-eye area for a youthful look.
- Moisturize – The final step in your night skincare is using a nourishing face cream or moisturizer to lock in the goodness from the previous skincare products and hydrate your skin. Choose a skin cream that is enriched with anti-ageing elements that will hydrate your skin and boost cell regeneration overnight.
- Sheet Masks – On nights when your skin is feeling tired and needs an extra pick me up, treat it to a hydrating sheet mask . Sheet masks are a great way to relax after a long day and pamper your skin with some skin-loving active ingredients. Use a sheet mask two to three times a week to keep your skin hydrated, nourished, and feeling young.
Now that you know how important a night skincare routine is, here is the ultimate natural anti-aging skincare routine that you can adopt to transform your skin.